Travelling with the family
Before your travel departure
If you are travelling with your baby (0-2 years old), the infant can travel seated on your lap during the whole flight. You will be given a special child safety belt to use, which is attached to your seat belt. Remember that when traveling with an infant or a child, you cannot travel in an exit row seat.
2 to 12 year-old children must be accompanied by an adult (at least 18 years old).
Special travel advice for parents
-Travelling is not recommended for infants less than 7 days old.
– Please avoid travelling if your baby is ill.
– Be sure to bring with you a bottle and food for any necessary or desired nutrition of the minor during the travel.
– Remember to bring with you the items you need to change your baby (diapers, wipes, etc.).
– Make sure your babies drink plenty of fluids during the flight.
– Before leaving, please remember that throughout your travel you must have all the documents required for your child’s transport.
– If you are carrying a stroller, please place a label mentioning your contact information (name, address, telephone number and e-mail) on it.
– If your child receives special medical care and treatment or suffers from an illness, please have the medical documents and his/ her medication with you.
– Choose comfortable and warm clothing for your child (sweaters and socks).
– During take-off and landing, give your child a candy or a chewing gum, or a pacifier, or a feeding bottle, or a lollipop or a biscuit for babies, to relieve the pressure on ears.
If your child is travelling with you, you may be entitled to a reduced child ticket if your fare allows so. This reduction is:
33% except for promotional fares.
If your child is under 2 years of age, he/she can travel on your lap and you are entitled to a reduction on the price of child’s ticket of
90% for all fares
If your child is already 2 years old when you travel, you are entitled to a discount for children. The discount for infants is not applicable in this case.
Your child’s Baggage
Infants (0-2 years old) must travel on their parents/guardians lap. The latters are entitled to carry a folding stroller with a maximum size of 100 cm x 30 cm x 15 cm which is checked in and handed over to Sky Express staff for storage in the hold of the aircraft.
With regard to children’s baggage (2 to 12 year-old children), the carry-on luggage limits are the same as the carry-on luggage limits for adult passengers
Information for pregnant women travelling
Until the 25th week of pregnancy, no medical certificates are required. However, we recommend that you consult your doctor before travelling.
When you enter the 26th week and up to the 34th, you must have a certificate from your doctor stating that it is safe for you to fly.
From and after the 35th week of pregnancy, pregnant women are not allowed to travel by air.
- Choose comfortable clothing.
- Wear compression socks to improve blood circulation.
- Choose an aisle seat so you can get up easily.
- Drink plenty of fluids, but avoid sparkling beverages.
- Wear the seatbelt below the belly, lower, over the pelvis.